Throughout this course students will be able to expand their knowledge in compounding. Discussion and practice include:
- Legal concepts and regulatory guidelines such as USP 795, and USP 800 – Hazardous Drugs Managemen
- Quality control
- Main markets (Pediatrics/Geriatrics, Dermatology, Hormonal Replacement Therapy)
- Compounding Preparations
- Pharmaceutical Compounding Calculations Marketing strategies
Students will learn different preparations:
- Formulate and make capsules
- Oral suspensions and Solutions
- Creams, gels and ointments
As well as familiarize with compounding equipment such as: Unguator, V-Blender, Pro-Filler, Pro-Filler Vibrator, Ointment Mill, among other specialized equipment.
****Must be enrolled in a Pharm.D. program.